Apparently, it snows even in Atlanta.

Atlanta Travel Blog

We had a layover in Atlanta.  When we arrived, the terminal was PACKED, very upset people were running around, and there was a lot of yelling going on.  We made our way to the departure board to find out that most all the flights were cancelled.  WHAT!?!?  We looked out the window at freezing rain that slowly but steadily turned to snow.  ATLANTA, GEORGIA and it’s SNOWING.  The few de-icing machines they had were hard at work.  Our flight, luckily, left albeit 30 minutes late.  We were de-iced and took off.  It didn’t take long to get above the storm and in what seemed like a short amount of time, we were over crystal clear blue water. The technology on the plane was nice.  They showed a recently released movie (The Game Plan with Dwane “The Rock” Johnson – it was funny) and lunch was average for plane food (Dan had chicken, I had pasta.  I thought the pasta was better than the chicken but dad didn’t like the pasta at all.  The brownie could have been classified as “death by chocolate”; yummy and rich)  The attendants were attentive to our needs.  I had a comfortable seat for the 3 hour flight to Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

photo by: vulindlela