A night stay and off we go.

Columbus Travel Blog

Dan and I didn't buy our camera until the first night on the cruise.  So if you'd like to see pictures of airplanes being de-iced, our hotel and fun in Santo Domingo, and snow in Atlanta, head over to FishAtHeart's blog of this same cruise.  That's my Mom's account of our trip!

Welcome to my cruise blog of our Legend of the Seas Caribbean cruise.  Accompanying me on this journey was my husband Dan, parents Bill and Deb, and father-in-law Mike.  We booked the cruise over a year before we left.  I had the hotel booked a year in advance as well.  I started the beginning stages of packing 5 months before the cruise.  I also tried my hardest through the wonders of new technology (Rosetta Stone software and Coffee Break Spanish podcasts); and the tried-and-true old technology (hand-made flashcards) to brush up on my Spanish.

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn by the airport in Columbus, Ohio.  Excellent continental breakfast.  As a note, they do not have roll-away cots, so if you need one, find a different hotel.  Our neighbors kept us up most of the night and we were all a bit cranky upon waking up; but it's hard to be TOO cranky when you're leaving for the Southern Caribbean in a few hours!  The shuttle driver was quick, helpful, and efficient.  The SkyBus line was REALLY backed up, but we got through Delta right away.  We were exceptionally early, so we lounged in the new part of the airport and waited for our plane to start boarding.  It's amazing how much I loved airports as a young girl because now I'm just annoyed by the whole process.  On well, trying to teach my family basic Spanish phrases kept us all entertained, to say the least!

Our Delta Flight was nice.  Off to Atlanta!  (One of the comedians on our ship referred to Delta as Deliver Everyone's Luggage To Atlanta - HA HA HA!)

FishAtHeart says:
Very nice video! Great cruise with wonderful ports of call! I wanna go back!!!!!!
Posted on: Jan 30, 2009