Viva Las Vegas!!!

Las Vegas Travel Blog

Miranda and I on Freemont Street

My little brother turned 21 this past June, and my parents took us and a couple friends to Vegas to celebrate. The trip got off to a slightly rocky start when our plane was late, and then my friend got sick in the middle of the LV airport. And our ride to our hotel took forever to pick us up. After we got settled in our rooms, we met in the lounge for a midnight drink...my brother's first legal one. After this we kind of went our own ways. My mom wanted me to play some machines with her, so I agreed. I'm not a big gambler, so pretty much, I had no clue what I was doing. Somehow I won $40 on a nickel machine. It was an older machine so I had to sit there while it made all sorts of racket, and spit out 1000 nickels. At one point, the machine ran out of nickels, and a casino attendant had to come refill the thing so that it could finish paying me out.

The Freemont Street light show
Then I had to haul around a bucket of nickels that felt like it weighed about 50 lbs. My evening ended with dinner at about 3 am. We saw the light show on Freemont Street a few times, went to see Mama Mia (which was fabulous), toured the Strip, which included the wax museum, and the bodies exhibit (freaky), and dinner at Margaritaville. There was obviously much drinking and gambling, and my brother even somehow managed to get himself lost on the Vegas strip, and was so drunk that he had no clue where he was, or the name of our hotel, or anything, but was bound and determined to walk the 15 plus miles to get there. Thank God for sympathetic bartenders. All in all, a good trip. Oh, and apparently I "have a really pretty aura"....said some random chick on the street...whatever that means.

bkretzer says:
Good Blog! You should sign your brother up, so he can post his side of night one in Vegas. What little he probably remembers! LOL
Posted on: Feb 02, 2008