Football Weekend and my hero. Saved by a little old lady from the big bad Hawk supporter

Melbourne Travel Blog

I travel to Melbourne at least 2-3 times a year mainly to watch the footy and to do a bit of shopping and each time I go back I love it more and more. If I didn't live in Perth then Melbourne would def be the city I'd want to live in.

This particular trip my brother and I went to Melbourne for a weekend of football, with a bit of shopping for me and partying for him.

Our teams (Hawthorn, him and Carlton, me) were playing watch other at the Telstra Dome. I was hopeful that this trip I would get to see the mighty Blues when a game whilst I was in Melbourne, as every time I've traveled all that way to see them play in Melbourne, they always lose (do you think it's me? Am I a jinx?). And this time I was desperate to see them win.

The first quarter was looking pretty good but then after that first siren rang it was all down hill from there and I should've got up and left right there and then, but no, I had to stay and support my team, plus I was still hopeful that we'd make a dramatic comeback in the last quarter from being a shit load of points down to eventually winning, you know like you see in the movies, but in true Carlton Blue style we crumble, we fumble, we pretty much suck for the rest of the last half and end up losing by 100 points. With my head in my hands, trying to hold back the tears from the sheer disappointment of yet another loss, another season finishing towards the bottom of the ladder and another piss take from my brother, telling me how crap my team is, to the up most joy when a Hawthorn supporter sanding next to me (who happens to be wearing a pair of really loose fitting jeans) singing his teams song in my ear gets dacked by a fellow Carlton supporter. He turns around ready to knock their block off, to find that it was no other than a little old lady. I look at her with a big grin on my face and she smiles and gives me the thumbs up. It was the most hilarious moment ever, one I will never forget. My hero J

amanda576 says:
my whole family supports dif teams and I don't even remember how I became to support the Blues. Fev is a ledgend and now with Juddy we are becoming a force to be reckoned with...lol :)
Posted on: Jun 16, 2008
Gambla17 says:
That would have been my next question, how did you become a Carlton fan, when your from Perth. But I must admit I didn't expect Carlton to win this week. But I here Fevola is a bit of a freak with the ball, if you can keep him away from the night clubs during the week.
Posted on: Jun 15, 2008
amanda576 says:
I'm just glad I'm not a West Coast or Dockers supportor...The pain is not so bad now, we had a win today over Collingwood and are now in the eight YAY!!! Although let's so how long that lasts :)
Posted on: Jun 15, 2008