Our first night in Bora....

Boracay Travel Blog

about 2 get on the boat

So we leave bright and early pack up the car and on our way! We stop at good old Jolibee for some breakfast. We have a good time listening to trance/house the whole way and chatting it up, laughing, coming across random animals in the road, etc. We finally get to the place where we need to take the boat (I think it was Caticlan??) and we take a little boat which takes us to the backside of the island in Bora. Omg, taking all our luggage and walking up the tiny rampway which my foot seems wider than. Not easy! But I can not complain, last time in Bora u take the same mini boat, but need to JUMP off with your luggage in hand into the water and or have the men carry you. I am so glad they have a new way of getting to the island. So when we arrive, the only way to the hotel is taking a tricycle.

our tricycle
We cram in the tricycle with our luggage and we are on our way. I see the back road and we get to D'Mall where our hotel "The Tides" is located. So we are staying at Station 2 and I guess Station 1 is the place to be! Well we booked our hotel one month before we got there so did not have as many choices. We get there, they hand us wet towels and water. More of an upscale hotel. But still, it was basic. The showers were a trip, you would just have to see them. There is a sign in there that says "Save water shower together". The bathroom was soooo weird. A room with the shower, the water comes out from the ceiling (from the shower head) and it all just is one flat area with a drain. So while you are showering, water is ALL over the room you are in with the shower and it seems like its gonna flood out to the bedroom, but that's where the drain comes in.
lobster in Boracay
It's different! The rooms are modern and nice. I am happy.

We dress up, go to a mini mart for drinks, drink in the room, head out to dinner at "Bamboo Lounge" where the service was HORRIBLE all we did was order 3 bowls (rice with chicken) and it took over 2 hours to bring our meal. Ugh. Luckily the table was literally on the sand, u sit on cushions on the sand, bamboo tables, candles everywhere, lights, good music, and the sound of the beach. That made up for starving tummies. After that we walk around and go bar hopping. We were so excited for New Year's! I saw 2 guys who I ended up crushing on the entire Bora trip, and kept running into them. Totally "my type".

first nite in Bora