Hong Kong here we come!

Hong Kong Travel Blog

Plane ride from Manila to HK

Tahne and I took a trip to Hong Kong, her 2nd time there, my 1st time. After checking in the hotel, we went straight for some dim sum. Wow, this was an experience. I was soooo excited since I love dim sum! Sadly it was not the way it work in the US, where people walk around with carts. What!? There was a menu which was NOT in English. They place we went to was authentic, I can say that! There were no cart ladies, where were they? How they heck are we going to order? So, we take a chance. We point to like 5 things on the menu and say "I want" or something like that lol. They spoke no English. Tahne asked for Diet Coke and they looked at her like she had 3 heads. Apparently people only drink tea there. We tried to look at others, and yes, they only drank tea.

me and my new bf ...jk
Not even water! ugh. hahaha.

Ok so something strange happened, besides the ordering. So, we get our food and take out the chopsticks (white chopsticks) which were on the table. Mind you, there were also black chopsticks. We just whichever one and began to eat. Before we could put a bite in our mouth a man appearing as the manager came over, grunted and cursed something, and grabbed the white chopsticks from our hands and handed us the black chopsticks. OK!?!??! If we are not supposed to eat with the black chopsticks they the heck are they on the table???!?! So if anyone knows the reasoning behind this please let me know.

Also, there was an old grannie sitting next to us. We were utterly amazed at the ritual that she went through before drinking her tea.

the famous dim sum place
She seriously poured hot water in a bowl and dipped her tea cup in the hot water, I swear it was like 10 minutes of dipping the tea cup, dipping the chopsticks, etc. before she even used them. Wow, was this to keep it clean, or is this some way of praying to the Hong kong god? lol. Honestly, I dont know. If you know, please inform me! :) We wanted to follow her maybe since we should have, but didnt know how, and didnt wanna get yelled at by the manager again.

We left to head over to our city tour in which we visited the Peak which had by far the best view I have ever seen in my life. I have been to many places and seen pretty views, but this one was breathtaking. What I captured on the camera does not give it justice. We also took a boat tour at night to see the light show. Went to Lan Kwai Fong and then took the subway to our hotel.

menu?!?!