A RAINY DAY IN PARADISE :(

Santa Cruz Island Travel Blog

DAY 8
(NO SNOKELING TODAY)

It is a rainy day in paradise. First time on the boat, I am glad it’s one 2nd last day on the boat.  I have my cousin’s water proof wind breaker to keep me dry and my new hat. I did want to skip any excursion rain or shine. I don’t want to miss anything. I want to get my money’s worth. There were 4 zodiacs that left. That means about half stayed on the ship.  hehehe on Eduardo and “little” Jorge’s zodiac it was 5 of us. We had the personal tour. I was raining but no to bad. We walked around the beach. Did not see more land iguanas. We all saw more on Isabella.

I did not bring my waterproof camera.

I forgot it…doh :P I have my digi cam. I am risking it in rainy weather. No wildlife today. No flamingos in the brackish water pool. I saw many spiders though EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :P

The other couple from Canada just drove in and swam with Jorge. Might as well, it was warm too I heard, like in a tub at home.  We hung out there swimming for 30min then Jorge called Eduardo to pick us up. We all took pictures of each other and jumped in the zodiac.

Half way there, Eduardo allowed my mum, the “QUEEN” to steer the boat. Mum has a huge smile on her face. It was classic. She had a good time and story to share. That was cool of him. He was so helpful to my mum during the trip. We gave him a good tip at the end of the day.  He was our favorite zodiac driver.

EDUARDO ALLOWED THE "QUEEN" TO DRIVE :)
I kept called him JosĂ© in the beginning.

When we arrived, everybody was all saying “back already?” it like we just drove in and drove back. Plus I enjoy going up to deck 4 and be welcomed with a a strawberry  and vodka smoothie. Every day, I LOVE IT.

Dragon hill (cerro dragon), is found on the northern coast of Santa Cruz Island and recently opened for tourism in 1993. The site takes its name from the population of land iguanas living in this area. These iguanas were at the brink of extinction due to the attacks of feral dogs, domestic animals released by the early Galapagos national park service started a conservation program for land iguanas including “breeding in captivity” and repatriations to their natural habitats. The site offers a beautiful view of the landscape front the top of the hill and two small brackish lagoons where occasionally flamingos and their shore birds obtain their food. On part of the trail that we will walk today, we will cross a beautiful “white forest”, composed principally of palo santo (incense tress and the endemic Galapagos cotton plant.

RAINY DAY
EDUARDO ALLOWED THE QUEEN TO DRI…
EDUARDO ALLOWED THE "QUEEN" TO DR…
PUFFER FISHES