WOOHOO!!!!! IN QUITO AND FREAKING TRIED.....

Quito Travel Blog

DAY 1
(WHAT A WAY TO SPEND PESACH!!!) :D :D :D

WOO HOO FINALLY I AM IN QUITO, ECUADOR.......THEN IN 2 DAYS THE "GALAPAGOS ISLANDS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The trek for me to get here started in LAX, LA, at 3am granted I did not sleep from the night before cuz, I hung out with my LA TB GIRLS in Hermosa beach. I was a zombie in the airport. I blogged in the airport half asleep, as soon as I plopped myself in the plane I passed out. My mum and I were thankful our AA plane was not grounded. PHEW!!!!

GOOD GOD I DID FORGET SOMETHING….

OUTSIDE THE AIRPORT
.SEE I KNEW IT….I FORGOT TO PACK MY BINOCULARS!!!!!! IT IS ALWAYS SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT TOO!!!!! UGH…DAMN IT!!!!!!

Our layover was in MIA, Miami, mum and I ate before boarding. No food was given in domestic flights. It was 3pm eastern time.  I passed out on the chairs until we boarded. Gosh I am so tired. I txted my TB peeps letting them know I am half way to Ecuador and my NON TB PEEPS as well. It’s so funny saying that. :P  i got the "have a good trip...bring a turtle home or "YOU SUCK" HAHAHAH you know who you are :P It was a 5hrs flight from LA to Miami and 3 ½ hrs to Quito.

The flight from Miami to Quito was smoothed.  I passed out for an hour, then it was dinner time or lunch time or whatever. They called it chicken with rice and some sort of weird sauce.

OUR HOTEL
EEEEEEEEEEEEW :P I wanted to sleep again but, national treasure: book of secrets was showing. AWWWWWW that was an entertaining movie, I just had to watch it.

Too bad we were landing at 7pm. I could not see the city. All I saw were lights and mountains.  The Andes Mountains to be exact.  It was a smooth landing. Mum and I were anxious to get out of the plane. We were hungry and tired, but I am not tired enough to not blog :) YES THE QUEEN HAS OCD TOO :P

After going thru customs and such, we met up with the “celebrity cruise” agent. I am happy the boat only holds 90 passengers. Our trip is awesome. We take a bus to the airport and fly to Puerto Baquerizo Moreno, Galapagos Islands to board the ship there.

THE CRUISE LINE
  That is going to be an experience.  As always, mum and I are the youngest ones in the group.  HAHAHAHA. I am impressed with the airport, it is high tech, clean and organized. ecuadorians are nice and helpful people.

We made small talk with the other passengers and such.  Then we all walked to our hotel shuttle.  I took some pics outside not much. It was already dark. It was a short trip to our hotel. our hotel is beautiful, it is a 4 star hotel. as we were checking in to rooms. The hostess was serving us a hot towel and glass of some sort of a passion fruit drink.

We got our room and it is a beautiful room I will take pics of that later. However, there is only one bed. Since we were only staying for 2 nights. I can handle sleeping on the portable bed that housekeeping brought up.

THE GOODIES
Mum and I ate after that was settled. She ate all-u-can eat salad and I ordered the “trilogy” which a mix of Bolivian, Chilean and Ecuadorian empanadas.  WOW that was yummy. I only could one. I was full from eating the rolls they gave you, such soft rolls. It’s 8pm and I have not blogged or called my BFFs in the LA. My mum went upstairs and stayed downstairs to take advantage of the FREE WIFI. It’s not free in the room.

It is now 10:30pm and I am almost done blogging. I still need to copy/paste it on TB and upload pics. I am  bummed  catalina and I won’t meet up. I think she is leaving to the USA on Saturday. She must be packing.  We will meet again catalina :) I have a full schedule on Saturday. A city tour and eating lunch with the view of the volcano and standing on top of the equator.

MY EMPANADAS :)
 I will be checking this off my list. MELANIE STANDING ON THE EQUATOR.

OK TIME FOR BED. LOOKING FORWARD TO EXPLORE QUITO………..

OK OK OK OK I LIED.......

I was ready to logout when catalina emailed me...YAY!!!!! she's still in town. girl you need to change your dates!!!!!!!  HAHAHAHA. i was so happy to hear from her. we exchanged info and hopefully we'll eat  "cuy". she is so happy that i mentioned it. by the way it's guinea pig :) it's a typical ecuadorian food. i will call her when i get back from city tour.

it's 12am and i am still wide awake. it's 2hrs ahead from CA. and Vegas. i get a call from Joy (pvtjoy).

THE BED
she was drunk dialing me. she was all like "who's this!??!?!" i said, WHO'S THIS?!?!?!? IT'S MELANIE AND YOU'RE  DRUNK !!!! MELANIE I AM CALLING YOU FROM ECUADOR MELANIE?!?! GOOD GOD!!! she was drunk and the rest of the LA TBs taking turns talking to me. i was laughing my ass off. they were like "OMG IT'S MELANIE,  HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII MELANIE, WE MISS YOU, HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD GOD they were drunk.....you know who you are.......SYBIL (iheart2travel), TRACY(TRE69), TIFFANY(tiffybear24), JOY, AND JAMES. james (pearcetoyou) was slurring and everything. I LOVE THEM. the LA TBs threw a mini meet up as well for james cuz, he was in town for business....too bad a missed it. :(

OK OK OK I AM REALLY GOING TO BED.....IT'S FREAKING 2AM AND I NEED TO BE UP AT 7AM.

........EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK......MORE LATER :)

This is my itinarary:

Day 1     Quito, Ecuador
Day 2     Quito, Ecuador
Day 3     Baltra (Galapagos)
Day 3     North Seymour (Galapagos)
Day 4     P. Baquerizo (San Cristobal)
Day 4     Punta Suarez (Espanola)
Day 5     Cormorant Point (Floreana)
Day 5     Baroness Outlook (Floreana)
Day 6     Las Bachas, (Santa Cruz)
Day 6     Bartolome (San Salvador)
Day 7     Elizabeth Bay (Isabela)
Day 7     Punta Espinoza (Fernandina)
Day 8     Puerto Egas (San Salvador)
Day 8     Dragon Hill (Santa Cruz)
Day 9     Puerto Ayora (Santa Cruz)
Day 10   Baltra (Galapagos)
Day 10   Quito, Ecuador

mellemel8 says:
I DO I DO!!! i am going back in oct 2009!!!! the locals there are very nice. i love the boobys. i have them on vidoe. swimming with sea lions are the best.
AirlineAgent says:
Oh I see you went to North Seymour. How did you like the Blue-Footed Boooby birds?
And I liked the town of Puerto Ayora as well. We stayed at Hotel Silberstein....was neat! One night my Brother and I checked out the Disco and it was alot of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AirlineAgent says:
Ecuador is great isn't it. My Mom, brother and I really enjoyed it there.
Quito Hotels & Accommodations review
5 STAR HOTEL NEAR ATTACTIONS
I liked this hotel very much. if you stay in on the 9th or 10th level. there is an executive level. you can have can have a midnight snacks, lounge an… read entire review
Quito