Lago Agrio Travel Blog

well, had my fuckin camera stolen or lost it....not sure which, and no i wasnt drunk or passed out.    Anyway, obviously still bitter about it. Took an overnight bus from quito to lago leaving quito at 10....bus ride was all downhill, couldnt sleep cuz I kept sliding down in my seat, got into lago about 4 in the morning and was able to stay on the bus and sleep til 715.  Went to the hotel to leave my stuff, grabbed some breakfast, walked around.   Not a whole lot to Lago, one main street with a lot of clothe shops and street food.  Met up with the rest of my jungle adventure group (Rainforestur) and headed out around 11.  A 3 hour bumpy ride later we arrived at a bridge, ate lunch, and took another 3 hour motorized canoe into the deep, dense animal infested jungle.

The camp was a decent spot with mosquito netted tents for each person, occasional showers depending on rainfall, and the eating area.  A lot of crazy bugs and insects at night, thats for dam sure.  Our guide Lenny was an interesting fellow, knowledgeable.  A couple long hikes, bathing in the river, soccer with the local children, fishing for pirahna, eating in our boat, elias n josè, hanging with the others, monkey, caiman, bird, lizard, spider sightings, bottles of rum, devil bug worshipers, shaman encounters and blessings, starry nights and early mornings later I emerged.....a goood trip in all. Hung out in Lago long enough to get some food and watch the Colombian patria festival taking part in Ecuador`s town of Lago before catching another overnight bus back to Quito.

Lago Agrio