Flavoured coffee

Tash Rabat Travel Blog

In the early morning I pay a little visit to the Issyk-Kul lake, the lake never friezes as it is fed by a hot spring. I have little time before the bus leaves for Tashrabat so I decide to walk in the lake instead of swimming. It is indeed warm and very nice. Before the bus leaves I have to eat my breakfast and pack my stuff in a hurry as we picknick along the way a grab my foldable rubber cup. Some people mistakenly see it for a soap holder. We picknick in the mountains and the drivers make some hot water for us so we can use instant coffee to warm us. I pour some hot water in my foldable cup and start drinking the coffee. Somehow the taste isn't what I expected; it is coffee but with some strange falvour..... it's a soapy flavour!!! When I packed my stuff in Ashgabat (Turkmenistan) I also packed the hotel soap and put it in the foldable cup as it looked the perfect place for it :-) Now I have coffee with a soap flavour, let's see if the coffee brands will pick this up.

The yurt in Tashrabat wasn't a "tourist" yurt but just a yurt. That would be fine in the summer not when it is freezing so hard that the drivers had to use blow torches to defreeze some parts of their cars. Many of us barely "survived" the cold that night. Thank god for icebreaker!!!

Tash Rabat