Prepping for our trip

New York Travel Blog

We are leaving for Paris and Rome for 7 days tomorrow evening. We've managed to pack all of our belongings in to two carry-on roller bags and my large purse. I don't think I could handle losing luggage in a foreign country...especially on our first trip over the pond. Miraculously, we are not "roughing it". We each have just about an outfit for everyday, toiletries, travel guides, electronics etc. I bought some air-tight luggage bags that seemed to give me a little bit of extra room.

Our nerves are a little on edge in anticipation of the flight. We've never taken a flight longer than ~3.5 hours. We plan on taking a couple of Tylenol PM pills to try and sleep most of the way. I know it'll be really difficult for me to fall asleep so I've packed books, my iPod, travel guides to browse and a moleskine to draw in.

We really haven't solidified an itinerary. I know what I'd really like to see in each city:

The Eiffel Tower
Notre Dame
The Louve
Stroll Montemarte
Stroll the Latin Quarter
Arc de Triomphe/Champs Elysees
Window shop in Marais
Check out Les Catacombes (?)
Take a long walk or river tour along the Seine
Hang out by Canal St. Martin
Eat tons of croissants, crepes, cheese
Drink gallons of wine, chocolat, and cafe au lait

Rome might be a whole other creature and will most likely overwhelm us with monuments and history. Here are the key things/places we'd like to do/visit:

Villa Borghese/Gallery
Vatican City/Sistine Chapel (?)
Lounge on The Spanish Steps
Trajan Column
Trevi Fountain
Hang in Trastevere
Eat tons of pasta, pizza and gelato
Drink gallons of wine, cappucinos and espressos

I'll be happy if we get to 3/4 of the things on each list (especially the last two items.)
New York