Is surfing my sport??

Byron Bay Travel Blog

I will soon find out the answer to this question as surf school is next on my agenda.  Yup!  I just arrived in Byron Bay and am so, so happy to be staying in the same hostel for 2 nights.  Since Boxing Day I have staying in a different place every single night and packed up my friegan backpack everyday!  I have not had a morning up after 7am since then either - this traveling is hard work!!  We lost quite a few of our bus members in Brisbane last night so today hasn't been the same.  We have the day to completely relax and all of tomorrow morning as well.

Last night in Brisbane I got together with Silja (the girl from Iceland that I met in the Outback) and Belinda (not my housemate) as they both live there.  I went to her pad for a delicious home cooked meal, did my laundry, burned photo CDs, charged batteries, laughed at all our photos and loved every moment of sitting on a couch in a real house!  They are actually cruising down to Byron right now to spend the day with me so can't wait.

I am then doing 3 days in surf camp so I'm sure I'll be an expert by the next time I update (either that or have 2 broken legs!)

Byron Bay