The other side of 25!

Melbourne Travel Blog

Yup it's true!  Leslie said it well when she said "welcome to this side of 25".  Thursday I turned the big 26!  I am now closer to 30 than to 20 - wowzas!!  But I'm actually not too concerned about it because 40 is the new 30 and 30 is the new 20, so basically I am only 16 in the grand scheme of things!!  That makes me feel a bit better about myself having no man, career doubts, huge debt and all those other things 26 year olds should probably be on their way to sorting out.  One step at a time right?

Thanks to all of you for your calls, gifts, cards, text messages and e-mails.  It made Thursday a bit more enjoyable considering it was just a normal working day.  After work I was able to have a few champagnes in the sun (mom is right for noticing that is a recurring theme here - maybe not for all Australians but for me at least), go for a lovely Italian dinner on Lygon street with Belinda, her sister Amanda and my friends Louise and Sarah.   We followed dinner with a few drinks at a cocktail bar and the local Carlton pub.  It was a pretty early night as we all had to work again on Friday - this working for a living kinda puts a kink into my plans ;)

Friiday I had an early night (I'm an old lady now) and Saturday I did absolutely nothing.  I just couldn't motivate myself to do anything during the day.  Belinda and I farted around on the computer looking up online dating sites, googling the most ramdom stuff, watching you tube - you know as you do!  We went to a BBQ in Ferntree Gully in the evening but didn't stay too long.  Next we went to "Mischief?" at Public Office to see my new heartthrob Sander Kleinenburg - holy smoke he is hot!  He plays some pretty good music too!!  The crowd was not the greatest and it was completely rammed and hot and pushy in the car park it was in.  The vibrations we also causing all this black dust to fall on us - gross. Angelo and Igrosso played too but I couldn't handle the dance floor by that point so just listened from afar.  We were home and in bed by 5 am.  Today hasn't been anymore productive than yesterday unfortunately.  The list of things to do keeps getting longer and longer...  I am working on cleaning my room and I did sweep the floor so that is a start!  I need someone to get my ass in gear - mom?

Not much else to say for today I would bet money I will update again soon,

Thinking of you all,