In need of a vacation!

Sydney Travel Blog

Hey everybody, I am actually not in Sydney yet - I am in the bustling Avalon airport.  I wasn't sure how long it would take me to get here so I left straight from work and got her over 3 hours before my flight was meant to leave.  I have figured out why Jetstar flights are so cheap - you have to leave from the middle of nowhere!

I am so exhausted after this week of work.  I know I'm a suck but you wouldn't believe how much thinking my brain has had to do the last few days.  I won't complain anymore about the driving - it is getting better.  It actually is pretty natural now.  I have driven about 1000km this week alone so I am learning all the Eastern suburbs.  I only screw up sometimes (especially when tired) and drive on the wrong side of the road.  I have been swearing and crying a lot less.  I got really lost both yesterday and today.  I was late for another appointment but I think people actually think it's funny - the stupid little Canadian.  If that was the only stress I'd be laughing.  I don't know what the heck I'm doing with most of my clients.  They are pretty interesting though.  Today I saw a kid with early onset Marfan's syndrome one of only 6 in Australia.  But I feel really stupid most of the time like I don't know what I'm doing and that people shouldn't be paying $100+ an hour for my services!!  I also got a big shock today with my paycheque (I got paid about $6 an hour than I signed on my contract - apparently there was an error).  If that is the case I can pretty much say I might quit, not going to stress and make myself completely sick over a crap paying job.

Anyways, I am really excited to go away for the weekend and see another part of Australia.  I am going to stay with my friend Camilla who I met in China as well.  She is getting married in November and it is her hen's luncheon and night out - should be a good time.  I plan on doing the tourist thing on Sunday and exploring the harbour and such.

I will let you know how beautiful it is,

photo by: Sunflower300