I made it!

Fremantle Travel Blog

Just a quick update to let everyone know I made it to Western Australia (the flight was 4 hours!!).  I am absolutely knackered as I only slept an hour last night.  I look like a piece of crap!  I never got all my work done but stuff it.  I did as much as I possibly could!  I think I have come to the right place.  Everyone says that Perth and WA are the epidome of laid-back Aussie life so bring it on!  I got my first glimpse of the Indian Ocean today and it was beautiful!  I can almost feel the tension in my shoulders and back relaxing!  I'm staying in the Old Firehouse with Louise and Angel.  It's great to see those 2 crazy plonkers again! It's a cool hostel with character and lots of characters.  I think it's quite the party place.  Some Irish blokes were already drinking beers at 10am when I arrived!  I was apparently supposed to be in the "Pleasure dorm" a 20 bed room where anything goes but luckily am on the girls wing at the moment.    I can tell we are going to have a blast together!  We've been chilling out today (most everyone is really hungover) and watching Bridget Jones Diary in the girls TV room!  Louise and I are just about to go for a stroll.  There are tonnes of excellent music things going on here this weekend and next weekend (Blues and Roots festival with Ben Harper, Missy Higgins, V festival... Fringe festival).   Louise has a few days off so we will likely go exploring before I head south for awhile on my own (they are working girls afterall).  Louise and I are planning our wine tours and camping trip up North already.
I'll update again soon,