I'm back again

Queenstown Travel Blog

Hey everybody,

I'm back in the crazy city that doesn't sleep - Queenstown.  I completed my bottom bus loop with a trip to Milford Sound in Fiordland National Park.  It was absolutely gorgeous!  We were really lucky and couldn't have asked for a nicer day.  The trip included a drive along one of the nicest roads in New Zealand.  There is some risk of avalanches along the way but we did occasionally stop for some photos.  There were some lakes that were so still with perfect mirror images of the mountains in the background.  We went through a really long tunnel within the mountain.  We road on a big catamaran for about an hour and a half and just looked at the surrounding mountains and waterfalls.  I am running out of adjectives for New Zealand because it is all so beautiful.  We were all snapping pictures like mad.  We also had a quick stop at an underwater observatory and saw some of the sea life below.

Last night we celebrated a girl off the bus' birthday.  I got into a little too much Tequila and I'm definitely feeling the effects today...  I've mostly just been wandering around Queenstown.  It's a lovely sunny day outside.  There are mostly ski shops, souvenir stores and cafes around here.  I also went and did my canyon swing because it was free afterall.  It was pretty fun - the world's biggest swing.  You do a 200m arc in this canyon, 60m of freefall.  It wasn't as scary as the bungy but the guys working there mess with your head making comments about the rope and such.  I went backwards off and did some unexpected flips but it was fun.

Tonight I am planning to meet up with Claire that I met in Fiji so that's kinda cool.

Tomorrow I'm on the bus for a long drive to Christchurch.  Will update you all again soon,

khorkan says:
Im on my way to NZ in a couple of months & am definitely gonna hit Queenstown - what's the name of the swing you did? Thanks
Posted on: Jan 20, 2007