Zorbing is cool!

Rotorua Travel Blog

Kia Ora everybody,

I am now in the Maori capital of New Zealand - Rotorua.  It is often nicknamed "Rotten Rua" as all the sulphur gases make it stink like rotten eggs.  It's a hot bed of geothermal activity so might go check that out later today - geysers, boiling mud, hot pools and stuff.  There are just too many things to see and do and not enough time!  Hence the reason I am slipping on keeping up to date with my blogs.  I need to tell you all about my horseback riding on the beach, skydive and hike on the volcanoes.  I am going to go back and try to catch up soon.  Unfortunately pictures are going to have to wait until I'm not paying for internet access because they are just too big and take too long to upload.

I just went zorbing.  There's nothing like putting yourself in a massive wet ball with 2 complete strangers and rolling down a big hill.  It was so much fun, a good laugh indeed!  Tonight I'm going to a traditional Maori concert and to eat a Hangi meal (cooked under the ground).  I am off to explore this little city (in the rain!!)

photo by: Vanessa_Mun_Yee