Wine, wine and more wine!!

Napier Travel Blog

Hey everyone,

I am very glad to "be stuck" in Napier for a few days.  I think it is such a nice little city.  So cute!  Yesterday I mainly wandered around.  I took a guided Art Deco walk which was very good.  The little shops here are amazinng - there are so, so many things that I want to buy.  Oooo the shoes and the clothes are to die for!  Thank God I only have a backpack or I would spend a fortune.  I am thinking how convinient it is that I'm going directly to Melbourne now though...  I might have a splurge a little bit.

Today I went on a vineyard tour.  It was great!  Vince, our guide was fantastic.  We got to go to 5 different vineyards.  For someone who doesn't know much about wine, I feel I have learned a lot (how to swirl the glass and smell to pick out the flavors and how to hold the glass).  I tried a lot of different things but I'm still partial to white.  I feel a bit posh now with my sauvinons and chardonnay's and pinot gris...  You don't spit out the wine so needless to say after about 6-7 wines at 5 different places I am feeling the effects!  Tonight I am going to dinner with the 3 girls I met on the tour, all medical students from the UK doing 8 week placements here.  We are also going to a party tonight - some Kiwis we also met on the tour.

I will update again soon,

xxHannah

wes_amy says:
Heh Hannah- sounds like your having a great time. I'm way to chicken to do some of the things you've been up to (ie: that crazy bungee jump) Still waiting for some pics though- is it a pain to get them online? Start my new job on Monday in Edmonton. Kinda nervous- anyway keep the updates coming.
Posted on: Aug 12, 2006