Whitsundays = WOW!

Whitsunday Islands Travel Blog

Hey everyone,

I am actually rocking and feeling a bit funny as I write this entry after just getting off the boat for 3 days.  My trip in the Whitsundays was fantastic!  There were 25 + 3 crew members on our Maxi Yacht called "Freight Train".  We spent a lot of time reading, sunbathing on the deck, listening to music, snorkeling, diving (yup I went again), chatting and all in all having a wonderful time.  We saw dolphins and amazing fish, colorful coral, sea turtles, and even a little storm.  The first day we went to Whitehaven beach.  It is rated as one of the top 3 beaches in the world and I can see why!  The sand is the most beautiful white and it is fine and silky, it even squeaks under your feet.  It is 98% cilica.  You have to wear stinger suits everytime you go into the water because of the deadly jellyfish that are out at this time of year.  Everyone looks really sexy in black lycra!

I don't have much time on here as I am trying to do laudry and organize myself for an early start tomorrow but just thought I would check in.  I am having a great time.  Will update again soon.  I am off to a cattle station tomorrow to ride a mechanical bull, learn how to crack one of those long whips and wrestle goats or something!

Whitsunday Islands