South Sea Island

Nadi Travel Blog

Have to be super quick here as this may be the most expensive internet I've ever used - 20 cents a minute!  I'm going to type as fast as I can.  Today I got up bright and early and took a 30 minute ride on a big catamaran to South Sea Island.  It was really pretty small - I'd say about 500m around, you could walk around the whole circumference in about 5 minutes.  It wasn't that beautiful, the sand had mostly big chunks of coral in it.  But it was nice to get away from the town.  I mainly just relaxed.  We did board the "Yellow Submarine" a semi-submersable vessel will glass windows on the bottom to see the coral reef.  It was a nice idea but the windows were pretty dirty.  I did see some nice coral and fish but it was pretty small in there and got really hot.  The sub just kept bobbing up and down and from side to side so I just felt sick and wanted off asap.  Luckily the ride wasn't that long.  After that I just planted myself on my chair and layed in the sun all day and read a whole novel - it was wonderful.  I wanted to snorkel and try windsurfing and all these other ambitious adventures but I just didn't.  I drank some wine and then some beer and then a bit more wine (unlimited open bar).  They just rang the bell when lunch was served - a great big delicious bbq with chicken, sausages, fish, beef and tonnes of salads and fruit.  Then the afternoon bell rang for some tea and cookies - that's the life!  I even got a bit of a burn despite applying SPF 45 x 4!  The day was quite warm and sunny but the mornings and evenings are cold (I've already had to dig my pants out of the bottom of my backpack).  A storm actually just rolled in as we were waiting for the boat.

Tomorrow I start my FeeJee Experience trip and I'll be making my way around the main island with 4 stops.  I'll update when I can.

photo by: SheLuvz2Fly