Rain, rain go away!

Esperance Travel Blog

We woke up with pouring rain.  Not exactly what you want to see when the planned activities for the day are all outdoors and mainly include sunbathing on a  beach!!  The easter bunny did come to visit though and we had hot-crossed buns and chocolate eggs for breakfast!  Yum!  We decided to brave the storms and visited Triumph Bay, the Pink Lake (which wasn't very pink), Hellfire Bay, Thistle Cove, Lucky Bay.  I think these have got to be some of the most beautiful beaches in Australia.  They definitely give Whithaven Beach in the Whitsundays a run for it's money.  They have the same white cilica sand and the green blue water.   Apparently there are quite often dolphins but we never saw any that day.  A few people swam but I think they were nuts, the air temp was only about 14 and I was freezing in my jeans and layers.  Not able to swim and suntan, we instead screwed around with the cameras and took fun photos jumping up in the sand and such.  It was a pretty uneventful night with everyone exhausted and a start at 5am the following day.
photo by: surfoz