Out of the bush!

Alice Springs Travel Blog

Hey everyone,

I am officially out of the bush back to civilization!  It was really nice to sleep in a real bed and to get a decent shower last night.  I have been rushing around like a chicken with my head cut off this morning to get everything organized to continue on with my journey - i.e washing the thick layer of red dirt and sweat off all my clothing and packing up again.  I am in Alice Springs but fly off to Cairns later this afternoon.

The "Heading Bush" expedition was great although I am really exhausted.  Those who know me well have probably heard me say that I would like to be on the game "Survivor", but after this little 10 day experience I don't know if I could really do it.  Ten days in a crammed car in the brutal heat with limited air flow, traveling 24/7 with 9 strangers with very different personalities is really tough.  As time went on the tension rose and rose.  We went a total of about 3600km weaving our way through a bunch of really bare land/desert but it was amazing to see.  The people on the tour were a good crack except for one Dutch guy that annoyed the piss out of everybody - a know-it-all that never shut up and told the same stories over and over.  I will be keeping in contact with lots of the people because a lot of them live in OZ, so that's cool.  It was an older group and we all got along quite well and had tonnes of laughs.  Our guide was pretty good.  I don't have much time to tell you all about it now but we saw tonnes of lizards, a few snakes, wild camels, emus, every species of kangaroo, wallabies, wild horses and donkeys, dingos...  I walked around Uluru (Ayers Rock), the Kings Canyon and the Olgas in 44+ temperatures but they were all stunning!  We luckily got to swim in pools and waterholes almost everyday to help cool off and clean off!  We even got rained on once.

I have to run to catch my airport shuttle, update again soon,

Hannah

keeweeset says:
I'd love to see Ayres Rock one day. =)
Posted on: Apr 30, 2007