Melbourne - I love this city!

Melbourne Travel Blog

Hiya,

Have to be quick here as using my work computer again...still no luck on fixing our home computer!  Just wanted to let you all know that I had a fabulous weekend.

It started with a houseparty/bbq on Friday night with a lot of Irish people and my friend Louise, a delicious fry-up on Saturday morning, a racing picnic/party in the sunshine in Carlton gardens with yummy food and a lot of champagne, a didgeriedo (??spelling) lesson at another bbq, another houseparty Saturday night, shopping at Victoria market, shopping for race day attire and lovely meal with Belinda, Dave and Amanda last night.  I also got to sleep in both days which was exactly what I needed.

I have to work today but I am really, really excited for tonight.  I have been waiting for this day for about 3-4 months now.  I am going to see Sasha and Digweed together!!  I can't wait.  The festivities will be preceeded by Drag Queen bingo which should also be interesting.

Tomorrow I am taking part in the "celebration that stops the nation" - the Melbourne Cup!  I'm going with Louise from Scotland and Saffina from London.  We have prepared a great picnic with cheeses and bread, meats, dips, fruit salad, Greek salad, pasta salad...  I'm getting dressed up in a hat and dress and can't wait to get in amongst it all.  I am going to place a few bets and no matter what others have said - I will see the horses!

Did I mention that my diet starts on Wednesday?!?! (I also joined the gym last week and attended a few interesting group classes - boxing and dancing!!)

I will have a lot to tell you about after Tuesday - stay tuned!

Hannah