Little trips

Melbourne Travel Blog

Hello all,

This weekend I got to go on a few little trips.  It was really great to get out of the house and do some touristy things.  The weather has been pretty gorgeous lately - shorts and tank top weather (and it's only spring).  Saturday Belinda, Amanda and I started out with a delicious breakfast on a patio on Brunswick street.  Belinda informed me that going for breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays is real Melburian culture - I think I can adjust to that one!  Have I mentionned the coffee here is so good, I think I'm turning into a bit of an addict.  We then took a drive to Mount Martha on the Mornington Peninsula.  Their grandma has a house out by the beach so the girls have spent most summers of their lives out there.  It's really pretty.  There are these really unique "boat sheds" painted bright colors that line the back of the beach.  We had a little picnic in the sun, took a short stroll along the beach and just relaxed.  It would have been the perfect afternoon except the car broke down on the way there and again on the way back.  We had to wait to have it towed on the way back.  We seem to always have bad luck with that car and I think it's seen it's day.  Actually just being in the car lately is making me really anxious about having to drive myself.  I really think I will be getting in an accident (in a new company work car).  I should probably get some lessons or at least a book of the rules.

Yesterday I went exploring in St. Kilda and to the beach.  There is a nice little market with handmade goodies along the Esplanade and beautiful views of the city from the St. Kilda Pier.

Today I will be venturing out into the retail world.  These backpacking clothes and shoes are driving me nuts.  I have nothing to wear and I always look like a grub.  Tomorrow I have to go to a meeting with all the people from work so I need to impress!  And having a real excuse to shop is great!

Talk to you all again soon,

xxPickard (that has become my new nickname around this house)

photo by: jendara