Happy Australia Day!

Sydney Travel Blog

Hey everyone, today is a public holiday here - Australia Day.  I am extremely happy to be off my bus trip.  Although I had a wonderful time, 16 days on a bus traveling over 3000km is taxing to say the least.  I am back in Sydney, what better place to spend Australia Day?  I'm back with my good Scottish pal Louise so I'm sure we'll be up to no good as usual.  Last night we had a wine at the Opera House bar, a lovely Thai dinner at the Rocks and wandered all around the CBD trying to spot some "talent" without much luck.  Today I was so happy to sleep in.  We are now heading to Darling Harbour and Sydney Harbour to check out all the fun and free festivities the city has to offer this holiday long weekend.  It should be pretty busy and I think the weather is going to cooperate (we've had rain the last few days).  Tonight we are doing the Harbour Bridge climb and I can't wait.  I have only heard good things about it.  The night will finish up with a big night out and meeting up with all sorts of friends from my weeks of travels.

Only a few more days of my little vacation so off to make the most of it, update again soon...

xxHannah

travelman727 says:
What exciting adventures you've had! I look forward to your impressions of the Harbour Bridge Climb :-D
Posted on: Jan 25, 2007