Gorgeous Gippsland

Melbourne Travel Blog

Hey everyone,

Just a quick one here as I'm on the work computer - can't be abusing the system too early!!  It is rough getting back into this "working woman" role - this week will be my first full time working week in over 3 months!!

I had a really nice weekend in Gippsland - that is where Belinda is from and her family still lives in Maffra.  I got there late Friday night and then spent Saturday helping to prepare for all the festivities of her mom's 55th birthday party.  There were decorations to put up and lanterns to light...  The party was a bit "full on" with about 130 of their closest relatives and family friends to meet.  I got the job of crowd photographer which wasn't bad.  I actually met some nice people (2 physios) who gave tips about places to visit while I'm here and raved about how nice Canada is (as if I didn't already know that).  The party was catered so the food was delicious and the champagne flowed freely!  I had my first encounter with a Hunsman spider (they are hairy and big and ugly!) and saw my first Australian mosquito.  I swear to God they are at least 5 times the size of the mosquitos at home!  Their bodies and legs are massive.  Belinda's mom warned of "snakes on the move" in the paddocks but I didn't meet any of them on our walk around luckily.  The spot that their farm is located is beautiful and their yard is so nice.  They even have a tennis court!  On Sunday we had a lovely lunch in the sun on the veranda with lots of nice bread, cheese, meat and of course wine!

But now it's Monday and back to stressing about work...

Will update again soon,