Fun Weekend

Melbourne Travel Blog

Hey everybody!

I had quite a fun weekend.  Friday, Belinda and I went to see a comedy act at the Fringe Festival and it was really quite funny.  Saturday I did tonnes of running around to buy stuff and get things done (working 9-5 Monday to Friday really limits your ability to do that kind of stuff).  We then went out on the town and saw Jon Carter and Jimmy Van M at a bar called the Queensbridge Hotel.  We got in for free as Belinda has connections.  It was a really big place but really strange...everyone there was about 19 years old so we felt like total cougars!  I also think we were the only 3 girls in pants.  All the other girls looked the same - it was freaky - short dresses, high heels, cleavage city, makeup galore!  It was especially noticeable in the bathrooms.  Sarah and Belinda weren't having the greatest time so they left but I stayed and danced the night away.  Sunday we set out on a road trip (as I have my work car now).  Sarah, Belinda, Louise and I drove out to the Dandenong Ranges.  It was really nice - big gumtrees, windy country roads and towns.  It was pretty cold however and it was stressful for me as the driver and I think for the others as passengers.  Apparently I drive pretty close to the shoulder (which kinda makes sense as that is actually the middle of our road).  I think the girls got especially nervous after we saw a big accident.  We went to check out the William Ricketts Center with really eerie and cool rock carvings.  I am going to try to plan either day trips or weekends away now to get use of the car and be somewhat of a tourist.  I was completely beat after all that driving and thinking though and I slept like a baby on Sunday night.

Melbourne