OceaniaFijiNadi

Fiji Experience

Nadi Travel Blog

Bula,

Sorry I've got to be super quick here but just thought I'd quickly update to say I had an absolute fantastic time on my Fiji Experience Adventure.  I made my way around the whole main inland in the last 4 days from Nadi to the Coral Coast, to Suva and then up to Volivoli beach and back to Nadi.  Fiji is so lush and green and really pretty.  There is a lot of sugar cane.  The people are very friendly and hospitable.  There were about 30 of us on the bus (give or take a few because some people hopped off and others hopped on).  Most were about my age but there was one retired guy that's 67 and been traveling for 3 and a half years.  I became pretty good friends with Claire, a nurse from England and the 2 Aussie girls are from Melbourne so I may meet up with them again.  Some people are continuing on to NZ and Aussie so our paths may cross again which is quite cool.  There were some absolute characters that had us in stitches the whole time.  I've met some really great people from all over (lots from England, the states, Spain, Aussie, Scotland, Denmark...)  The driver and guide were awesome.  We had so many things to do - some of the highlights include: 8km trek through the rain forest, sandboarding down a massive sand dune, tubing in a river, going to local villages to see some traditional ceremonies, visiting a school, laying in the sun on the beach, swimming in mud pools and hot springs - the list goes on.  I've been drinking more of that Kava drink.  Tomorrow I'm going to try the Fijian rum (60% alcohol - haha).    All the hostels we stayed in were gorgeous.  The only unfortunate thing is that I got a bit injured in the some of the crazy games last night, I'm not sure if my big toe is broken but if it's not it sure is sprained or strained or something - it's pretty swollen and I'm hobling along.  It's harder than you think to wear flipflops when you can't move your toe!  Tomorrow most of the same people are going to Beachcomber island.  I think it's quite the party place with like an 80 bed dorm.  Should be interesting.  I hope the weather cooperates, some days have been a bit cloudy and overcast but it's still warm.

I should really run, there's a line up here and this is costing me an arm and a leg.  Thanks to all who are sending e-mails and messages, I will reply soon!

Mothey (Goodbye in Fijian)

Nadi