Bye Bye New Zealand

Auckland Travel Blog

Hey everybody,

I spent 3 very relaxing days in Waiheke mainly just sitting on the beach reading books, sunbathing and walking - a lot!  The buses were kind of strange so I just walked.  The guy at the hostel said it was 8km to Onetangi beach and I walked there and back twice!  So I got my share of exercise and blisters.  The roads were quite hilly.  I got eaten alive by sandflies or bedbugs - not too sure which and would rather not know.

Today I just hung out in Auckland preparing for my departure tomorrow - did my laundry, sorted through my junk I've accumulated, and somehow shoved it all back into my pack.  I actually have a big callus on my hand from struggling to do up that damn zipper everyday.  I think I'll be overweight and paying big bucks but there is really nothing I can part with at this stage.

I have really loved my 5 weeks in New Zealand.  I've seen amazing parts of the country, tried some pretty awesome activities and met tonnes of great new friends.  While I am quite sad to be leaving, I know I'll be back here again sometime (in the summer months) and I'm so excited to get over to Australia.

I will let you all know how my Melbourne is when I'm settled.  Belinda is coming to get me at the airport and I can't wait to see her.  I'm looking forward to a bit of routine life and settling in one place for a bit.  Cross your fingers immigration doesn't give me the gears!!

Hannah