Beach Bum

Coral Bay Travel Blog

Hello all, this will be a super quick update.  I am in Coral Bay on the west coast - a stop on our amazing roadtrip.  We have Louise (coolest chic from Glasgow), Marissa (aka fuckie fuck or fuckie puff puff) - the token German sitting on the beach topless with her cigarette right now, "Budget Bridget" another German who obsesses about money constantly and drives Louise and I up the wall bossing us around (despite being only 20) and myself - in our little Hyundai Getz hatchback.  We have all our bags, food and camping gear so it's crammed to say the least.  We had to hitchhike to get to the car rental place so you can tell the adventure got off to a good start!  We have made our way up the coast but are now in Coral Bay - it's so nice and we've decided not to go any further and to just plant our butts on the beach for the next few days.  It's pretty busy around as it's school holidays but we don't need much space with just 2 little tents.  We've been doing remarkably well setting up in the dark, cooking with very limited utensils...but it's been a blast.  I think we'll treat ourselves to pizza and beer tonight because we have been roughing it up until this point.  It will be a miracle if we don't hit a kangaroo in the little car going 140km per hour.  You should see the carcasses around.  It took a bit of getting used to driving a manual on the other side and I was thinking the revving at 5500rpm wasn't quite right (I was still in 3rd gear at about 120!!)  The weather is gorgeous 30+ degrees everyday and we are working on the tans!  We went snorkelling on the Ningaloo reef this morning and it was awesome - Louise and I saw a huge turtle and heaps of fish.  The waves were pretty rough though and I almost felt as if I was getting chucked around in a washing machine - hard work.  We saw the Pinnacles and the dolphins and Monkey Mia.  We will be leaving Australia temporarily (at least for a stamp in the passport) on the way home - I'll explain later!

I have no phone reception and limited internet time but I will update and hopefully put a few photos on when I'm back at the Old Firestation.

Miss you guys,