Ah vacation again!

Adelaide Travel Blog

Hello everybody,

Boxing day has been fairly uneventful.  I am really happy to finally feel like I am on vacation again.  It is wonderful!

I will just recap the last few days for those who are interested.  Christmas Eve, we arrived back in Melbourne at about 3pm and I did tonnes of running around getting things for my trip, last minute gifts and ingredients for my baking.  I stayed up late making Poppy Cock for the Healy's (it was alright, nowhere near as good as mom's but they don't have corn syrup here and it burned and I burned my finger big time - whole top of middle finger is a big blister!!).  I finished that at about 2am and went to bed.  Woke up Christmas morning but I guess Santa didn't find me in Australia ;)  We had a lovely meal at Belinda's aunt's place, the weather didn't really cooperate and so it wasn't a warm Christmas, it was a chilly, rainy, haily one!  After the big meal we opened gifts (I did get a few), had desert and ran.  It all happened so fast.  The rest of Belinda's family went back to the farm but I went home to pack and get organized.  I wanted to go out with Louise and co but I got the worst pains in my stomach.  I thought it was just heartburn but I was still in agony at 3am - maybe a gall attack which would make sense given all the food I ate!!

Today I just packed up all my bags (I thought it would be lighter and easier given the fact I don't need to pack any warm clothes but I somehow still managed to ram it right full).  Made it to the airport barely on time and got to Adelaide about 5pm.  I quickly checked into the YHA and then took a recommendation from one of the mom's of the clients I see who used to live in Adelaide and caught a tram to Glenelg.  It is basically like the St. Kilda of Adelaide.  A trendy little beachside promenade with cafes, bars, restaurants, a pier, people riding camels - you know.  I walked around and took some pictures and then decided I had better spoil myself a bit and eat a decent meal and have a few glasses of wine on one of the nice balconies because it's gonna be throwing shrimp (or something) on the barbie, sleeping in hostels and swags in the desert and roughing it for the next little bit.  It was great.  I watched the sunset on the beach - very romantic, except for the fact I was by myself (insert pig snort and eyeroll here...)

I'm back at my little abode and thinking of going all out and catching a chick flick at a theater before bed.  Tomorrow I get picked up by the 4wd at 6:30am - oh brother.

I likely won't have phone reception or internet until Alice Springs on Jan 5th so until then Happy New Year everybody.  Pray I don't get eaten by any snakes or spiders!!

Hannah