Preparation

Home Travel Blog

Gearing up
Well, my big trip is coming up soon and I have to say this will be farthest I have been away from home (7,800 miles as the crow flies). I will be leaving Jan 29 and returning Feb 21. I have been preparing for this trip for about a month and a half now, which is kind of short compared to the amount of time I am spending there. I will be meeting up with my travel buddy Bernie in London to hang out for a day. Then we hop on a plane and head for New Delhi, where we have absolutely no itinerary except try to hit some of the major cities during our stay. This will be the first time I have traveled out of a backpack, but I think the thought process of what to take has really shown me how excessive I can be with what I usually put in my luggage. My major concern is staying healthy and fit so I have packed a first aid kit that rivals that of a small hospital. It's full of Malaria pills, antibiotics, vitamins, heartburn medicine, immodium, splints, bandages, sting pads, antiseptics and so much more. Other than that I will be taking my camera, clothes, journal and the essentials like an Ipod and a couple of books. All of my focus this past month has been on packing and now that I am done with all of that it has shifted to the unknown what's next...
JLS05 says:
Hope you're enjoying London. Have fun in India! Try to ride an elephant if possible.
Posted on: Jan 30, 2008
FarmerChad says:
James,
I hope you have a great trip! I don't know what I am going to do while you are gone, but I will keep in touch pretty regularly by using this here page. I am excited to hear about the trip and see the 8000 photos in a slide show over coffee.

Your Friend,