ALL ABOUT VISAS

Singapore Travel Blog

I leave in 17 days for Argentina and I have yet to get a visa. Actually, I should say I have yet to apply for a visa. Why the hold-out? I have to get it in Manila and I still have to get an NBI clearance. Ah, one of the many challenges of carrying a Philippine Passport.

I got my first visa five and a half years ago. It was a 10-year multiple entry US B1 (tourist) visa. Since then, I have applied for a total of 12 visas to 10 countries. Most of it in the last 2 years. Mike Tuquib - Professional Tourist Visa Applicant!

As I write this blog entry, my Uruguayan visa application is being processed - it will take about two to three weeks. My application with the Argentine Embassy in Manila should be filed by January 30, i.e. after my brother gets my NBI clearance (in Carriedo!) and gives it to my friend, who sends it to me via DHL so I can affix my thumb print to the clearance and send it back by DHL so that my friend can file the application with the Argentine Embassy in Makati. (All in three days!) Thank goodness it only takes five days to get the Argentine visa. Unless there are any other complications, of course! My FINGERS AND TOES are CROSSED!

Good thing I'm always up for a challenge.

mountaingirl says:
Great blog, very interesting! :-)
Posted on: May 03, 2008
the_bloodsucker says:
Another impressive blog. Congrats for being featured, kuya mike! =D
Posted on: Mar 23, 2008
mikevirgo0824 says:
Thanks, Kim.
Hope you read on some more.
Posted on: Mar 23, 2008