More fun in the Salvador Sun...

Salvador da Bahia Travel Blog

The day went by so quickly.  I woke up early for breakfast at Sol Barra, then checked out around noon to switch to Hotel Porto da Barra, a much more modest establishment.  Afterward, I took a free bus to Iguatemi mall, purchased a couple of nessary items of clothing (bikinis are considered necessary in Brazil, just FYI), then headed back to the hotel.

I met up with my new friends around 7pm and we all headed to Pelorinho again.  We were trying to see Olodum, who plays in Pelorinho every Tuesday evening for free (try youtubing Olodum.  You will see what Salvador is all about).  Apparently, because carnival is so close, they were charging 100 rais for the abada!  OK, so we sat and drank and listened to some other lovely live Brazilian music and called it a night.

angellaellisha says:
Hey There Chris!
Olodum is the percussion group.
They are from Salvador but are popular throughout Brazil.
Tchau!
Ang
Posted on: Feb 09, 2008
palehoze says:
Hi Ang,

Those are the clips that I had watched. It looks like everyone is having fun for sure! My question is what does "Olodum" refer to? Is Olodum the name of the band that is playing, or is Olodum the name of a local celebration, or something else? Sorry, just curious :)

Hope you're having a blast and I'm looking forward to reading more about your vacation!

Posted on: Jan 31, 2008
angellaellisha says:
Thanks for checking me out!

Here are some links that may help...

Hope that helps!