My winter break

Qatar Travel Blog

At the Raz Al Naaz Restaurant

I got to the chance to go to Qatar for R & R. I've been in Afghanistan for about 4 months and it was a good time for a break. It was sooo nice to get out of the snow.

I met up with a couple people who landed there at the same time as I did. We did some traveling to get the base we would be stayin at but it was worth it.

Qatar's a pretty cool place and there was just enough American stuff on the base to make me feel a little closer to home. A girl I met and I went to Chilis and later had smoothies at a gym near by.

I think I had so much fun here because that was the goal. Most people were there on their breaks as well, so everyone was cutting loose. I think the only disturbing part was that there were soooo many guys. I only hung out with 1 girl, the only one I could find practically.

I got to go out to eat at a local place and went shopping at a near by mall outside of the base. The best part of my trip had to be the water excursion. We took a doha boat to the middle of the persian gulf, parked, and did some jet skiing and speed boating. I've never done anything like that before.

Me on on the skyline!
Me on on the skyline!
Salad
Salad
Chicken and lamb kabobs
Chicken and lamb kabobs
Guys that let us check out their b…
Guys that let us check out their …