St Pats Day!

London Travel Blog

Hats =D

So I scored the day off work and as I couldnt make it to Dublin, I was pretty sure there'd be plenty of celebrations goin on in London. I missed the parades on the Sunday (sleeping) but on Monday i was keen to start early =D

I met up with Nathan at Covent Gardens where I'd heard about a groovy Irish Pub called the Porter House. Really had to hunt this one down! So we stayed there for a fwe hours, downing some brews and chewing on some Pizza before we decided it was time to catch the tube to Mansion House where we were meeting some crew at O'Neills Pub.

O'Neills was going off!!! Some random business men were flirting with me, stealing me Irish hats and buying me guiness. They must have stolen me 10 hats which i passed onto my mates when they got there.

Lori & I @ O'Neills
Lori arrived with some aussies who have only been here abt 2 months aswell - from Brisbane, Nick, Ben and Matt (aka Heath). Along with them was also Fabio, a columbian they lived with - But not a drug dealing Columbian. They emphasized this. Damn stereotyping hey!! So they were all really cool! then John and Collin also came for some drinks. We got fairly pissed, Lori and I buying rounds, she was in Irish Cider.. I was doin double Jamesons and coke. We managed to flog some tables and had a great time chatting and playing with our hats, generally getting drunker by the hour. Time seemed to go slowly too which was great!

One of those business men in particular was enjoying stealing shit for me whilst pissin off the bar manager. He was determined to steal me a shamrock tinsel chandalier and almost killed himself in his first attempt, fbut eventually got it for me. At the end of the night i decided to steal a wall hanging leprachaun.. cheapo thing abt 60cm tall. Nick named him Seamus and he became my pet. Hahaha. Me, the aussies, the columbian and the leprachaun got the train home, we musta looked pretty weird. When i got back to the pub Matt and Jacinta (flatmates) were just laughin at me and my drunkeness as I made Matt open the kitchen so i could cook some food!!

Was a top night, had so much fun and made some new mates. The only thing missin was Ruby who's spent the whole w/end partying and was exhausted!!!

Lori & I @ ONeills
Lori & I @ O'Neills
Nathan!! Hahaha, best pic!
Nathan!! Hahaha, best pic!
Nick & I