Let it SNOW!!!!

Chigwell Travel Blog

Well I finally got my wish, I saw my first English snow. Considering it fell in Spring instead of Winter.. but ya know, climate change is messing up tradition all over the world!!! On the Friday night I was working and had the urge to go outside. I slipped out the side door, as I didnt feel like my work mates taking the piss, but I couldnt work out what was falling from the sky. It was near the flood light which illuminated everything and white flakes were swirling through the air. I didnt want to get too excited as it may have just been icy rain! I went back inside and asked if someone would take a look outside for me. The stammering Simon said, 'Yeh man, tha tha thats snow.' Omg I was sooo excited... I forgot about work and wandered round outside in the cold for 30 minutes.

My snowman!!
It didnt settle but it was still amazing.

Snow was rumoured for the weekend so when I went into Barkingside at lunch I was happy to see some more snow falling and settling on the pavement. Im sure the locals thought I was mental, picking up handfuls of snow and simply walking with the white stuff cupped in my hands. But that was it for Saturday. Jeff promised it would snow Sunday though. I was up drinking with Drew and Riess most of Sat night and looking out the window to see if it would snow. Bummed out I went to bed. At 8am, tired and cranky, my manager called my mobile - announcing snow. I was dressed and outside with my camera so fast.. It was FREEZING and my poor fingers barely worked on my camera after 20 minutes. The field behind us was mostly covered and snow was settling around the pub like icing on ginger bread houses. It was beautiful. I managed to scrape up enough snow to make myself a little snowman even!!!

It snowed lightly on throughout the day, and being Easter Sunday it made it even more special. But I think thats the last snow i'll see in England. Might get lucky when I head to Switzerland in May, or north Scotland in November.. hopefully!!!

lovely_lori88 says:
aww hannah you are so damn cute!
Posted on: Apr 01, 2008