Leaving London Pt 2 - Guy Fawkes Night

London Travel Blog

Anna & Lori on the Bridge.

So we wanted to see some more fireworks!! So I organised to meet up with Ruby, Lori, Anna and my mate Taryn from the last place I'd worked at. Ruby couldn't come which was a bummer but it was good all the same. We met up in Farringdon at 4pm for when Lori came out of work. She had to go to her next job at 7pm so we went for an early dinner to Pizza Express. After that Taryn left and we made our way up to Wetherspoons for a beer/strongers.

We sat there for awhile, chatting, before Lori had to get up and go. It was sad to say goodbye to her even though I knew we'd see one another on Saturday at the airport. So Anna and I sat there finishing our drinks, when I got a call from Lori. Her shift had been cancelled so she was coming back! =D yay for Anna and I, what a piss off for poor Lori!

Once she was back we walked down to the river Thames, and walked along it to Tower Bridge.

Thames by night
It was a decent walk but really enjoyable. We saw a lot of famous bridges from London to Millenium and of course, Tower Bridge! From there we could see the fireworks happening all over London at a distance. We stood there for awhile, admiring the views and the mild weather. Then we went to the Tower Bridge Wetherspoons for hot chocolates and desert!! Yum yum!

It was a good, chilled out night, it was sad to say goodbye to Anna who I met on Contiki through Europe, travelled to France and Scotland with throughout the year and caught up with when we could in London. She's a great person, fun, sensible and always up for a good time and seeing amazing sights! Will def miss this awesome lil kiwi!!

Thames by night
London Bridge, illuminated in pink.
London Bridge, illuminated in pink.
London Bridge and HMS Belfast