Winter in UK

Essex Travel Blog

After two years of planning and saving I'm finally here in England! The weathers not nearly as terrible as I thought it would be, but considering when I left OZ it was a sunny 35 degrees celsius, it is a slight shock to the system! I'm really looking forward to seeing snow but am told it might not happen in Essex, so might have to take a week off sometime and head up to Scotland!!

I've started working at The King William IV in Chigwell, Essex. Its a very quaint, rich little town - my workmate Corrine calls it posers paradise, everyone driving around in their porsches etc. Have already met a few millionaires, didnt think that much of them. I doubt any of it was self earnt - rather inherited. Have met Rod Stuarts Father-in-law - Penny Lancasters dad! Thats as famous as I've found so far... but I'm still on the lookout for Matt Bellamy!!! It's a very multi cultural place, none of our chefs are english and I'm starting to pick up what they're on about. They're all very charming and flattering to all us waitstaff. My room mate is Aussie, two of our managers are Aussie, the head manager is Greek and we've got an Irish and Kiwi girl starting today!!!

I've joined the local library so I get free internet time, so try to get down in my days off. Meeting up with fellow TBS Ruby and Lori this evening in London for some drinks and to get to know the locals =D Will post some photos when I can!!

Bondy2007 says:
Cannnes!
Posted on: Feb 10, 2008
lovely_lori88 says:
looking forward to tonight!!
Posted on: Jan 24, 2008