CCSU Senior Class Trip to New Jersey - Atlantic swim

Wildwood Travel Blog

our motel room

I was a senior in college soon to graduate while dealing with the slow painful withering of a rather new, but intense relationship with a girl we’ll just call “M.”

I went to M’s house to pick her up for our Senior Class Outing to Wildwood, NJ.  She was still getting herself organized, so I loaded her bag in the car and came back into the foyer to wait while she finished getting ready. Once she was all set to go, she came up to me and gave me a sweet little hug.  Confused since we had just broken up a day or two earlier and our last conversation was a fight, I reciprocated with only a pat-hug and backed away.  Riding the bus, both of us on three hours of sleep, we tried to get some rest.

Senior Trip, hotel-room party
  My headrest was uncomfortable, so I placed M's hand behind my head for a pillow.  To my surprise, she not only left it there, but also began to stroke my head with her fingers.  It felt so nice; I started to feel close to her again.

When we arrived at the hotel, everyone got their keys and dispersed to their respective rooms.  M and I had two roommates, a brother and sister, which presented a problem.  There were only two twin beds per room and the siblings were uncomfortable sharing such a small bed, so the brother spoke with the trip coordinator and got a new room for himself and his sister, leaving M and me alone with our own room.

M’s cousin Mark, who lives in New Jersey had arrived at the motel shortly before us and invited us out for dinner with him.  We went to CVS for some supplies and stopped at a liquor store for beer.  After Mark bought us back from dinner, the three of us returned to the room and hung out for a while dinking and talking.

Once he had gone, M invited me to join her in the shower, but I wasn’t ready for that yet, so we decided to postpone the shower and go swimming first.  The pool was closed, so we took a walk with some new friends down to the beach.  I had to swim, so I stripped down to my boxers and dove into the chilly water.  Afterwards, M used her jacket to shield me from public view as I changed from my wet boxers to my shorts.  Quite cold from my night swim in the Atlantic, we returned to the room to warm up and continue drinking.

After our shower we got into bed, and I spoke with M about some recent concerns and suspicions I’d had.  Eventually she came to admit that she had been having an affair with her ex, ugghh!  (I’ll spare you all of the emotional drivel and omit a long paragraph here.  Suffice it to say, it was a tough night.)  By the time the sun rose, we were calm and had decided to put the drama aside.  We agreed to still try to have a fun weekend on the trip and we closed our eyes to sleep.

ctjevans says:
LOL! yah, Chris, I've learned my lesson. thanks, hahaha.
Posted on: Feb 01, 2008
ChrisMcDevitt says:
When a girl invites you to shower, you do it. I trust you've learned that by now.
Posted on: Feb 01, 2008