Peter Island, the end! :(

Peter Island Travel Blog

Lots of expensive boats in this harbor!

At Peter Island, we docked and gave the boat a good scrubbing since we have to turn her back in tomorrow!  :(  After that we all went and took (FREE!) hot showers in the public restrooms!!!  Of course, nothing is REALLY free, as we paid some ridiculously high fee to dock there, but it's nicer to think about it my way.

Jesse and I wandered around a little bit - the resort on Peter Island is gorgeous!  More upscale than most in the BVI, I'd say.  There were adorable little bungalows with amazing tropical landscaping and trees all along the marina area.  I don't even want to know how much it would cost to stay there.  :)  There was a walkway along the water as well, and an incredible pool, but the weather was still rainy and windy so we mostly hung out on the boat.

Pretty walkway

We ate dinner at their restaurant, which had a mandatory buffet (no other menu) which was some ludicrously high price per person and included a full open bar!  The food was good though, and I totally stuffed myself and THEN went back for seconds on desserts!

Tonight is our last night on No Horizon, and I have mixed feelings - I've loved the experience, but I think I've determined that dry land is my home.... haha.  It's sad to think about going back to real life, but then again, for a penny-pincher like me, luxurious vacations are sometimes not quite as relaxing as they should be (as I think about how I could make a gourmet dinner at home for $7 per person.... lol).  But I think it's good for me to try to forget about that sometimes, and just enjoy myself... and I think I've mostly succeeded on this trip.  :)

princessbride029 says:
Thanks, DivineG! It sure is nice to have these opportunities that not many have - I never take them for granted! :)
Posted on: Nov 13, 2011
TheDivineG says:
Enjoyed your blogs. I came away thinking "I wish I had an Uncle Greg" :) You have had a pretty wonderful experience of visiting some of the most beatiful islands in one trip... most could only dream of such an opportunity.
Sounds to me like your Uncle has had a job some could only dream of.
Posted on: Nov 12, 2011
Lots of expensive boats in this ha…
Lots of expensive boats in this h…
Peter Island sign