Just another lazy day on the Adriatic Coast

Korcula Travel Blog

Today we arrived in Korcula and found out right away that there was a disco club on the island and I was pumped to get out to a decent club.

Each day we dock, there's a bunch of boats all near each other. A few of us ladies were sitting at the back of the boat and all of a sudden, a group of boys from another boat started singing "You've lost that loving feeling" (of Top Gun fan) at the top of their lungs. One of the girls was sure it was meant for me as I had met on of the boys on that boat the night before. It was pretty darn funny!

Earlier in the day I had ventured around looking for a hamburger (to help cure my hangover) and wandered into a restaurant that was going to be playing live music later in the night. So me and the ladies went there for some supper and drinks. The owner had given me a free shot earlier while I waited for my food. I told him that the eight of us would only eat there if we got a free shot. He agreed and ended up giving up 3 each. It was Gruppa and tastes like a mix between tequila and paint thinner haha

The guy started playing his guitar and was playing a bunch of music we could all sing along to. Our captain and another of the crew came over to the same restaurant and ended up buying us a round of drinks. Half of us evenutally left to go back to the boats and find the boys we had met earleir. Debbie and I walked over on the boat and told them to all come with us to the disco. They all agreed (of course!) and we had quite the night out between going to a few bars. The disco itself played horrible music (with the Beegess being a highlight) but some of those guys could really dance and it ended up being quite a fun night.

Mission accomplished!