Toto, we're not in Amsterdam anymore!

Brugge Travel Blog

This morning I went for run number 2, which coincides with my two month anniversary of travelling around Europe. I was staying at Stay Okay Volderpark, which has its front door in this large park. I figured by staying there I'd guilt trip myself into running. It worked and the run was awesome. The park has paved and dirt/rocky pathways so it's good on the knees. I was up and running by 8:15 this morning which I even impressed myself with. I was planning on going for a half hour but got lost and was gone almost an hour. Ah well.

The girls I met yesterday wanted to go to a market so I tagged along. I'm a big fan of these european markets. I'm used to going pretty quickly through them and the girls wanted to actually stop and shop so I headed back a little early with Dana.

Market

After a quick goodbye, we parted ways and I headed for the train station. This was the first time I was travelling somewhere without really knowing how to get there and where I was going to stay when I arrived. The trains worked out well and I found my way, although the train from Amsterdam to antwerpt was like riding a city bus. This one guy had rap music blaring from his phone and it was really noisy including the token crying baby. The hostel, on the other hand, didn't quite work out as planned. I knew I wanted to stay at the Snuffels hostel and definitely not Charlie Rockets which has bad reviews and is on top of a noisy, late night bar. Guess which hostel had rooms and which one didn't?? haha

So I check into CR and my room is so nasty. There's stains on the carpet and the bed looks brutal. Luckily, I got into Snuffels tomorrow night so I only have one night there.

I spent the evening wandering around the small town. I'm not sure why I go to the small towns with not a lot to see. They're fun with other people, but travelling alone, they get boring pretty quick. I'm hoping for nice weather tomorrow so I can go for a bike ride outside the city. The plus about this town is that there's lots of waffles, lots of chocolate and lots of beer. I had a blonde Leffe beer with supper and it was sooo tasy. Right up there with my Bavarian breakfast beer. mmmmm breakfast beer

Penis shaped chocolates