EuropeItalyPisa

Pisa, home of this weird tower that looks like it's falling over

Pisa Travel Blog

kicking over the tower

We left Cinque Terre this morning for a stopover to Pisa before Marissa went on to Rome and I went on to Florence. The tower itself is shorter than I pictured it but it is quite leany!

We took some pictures, along with the hordes of other tourists doing the same thing. It's funny because there'd be a person standing with their arm up in the air. For everyone except the person taking the picture, the person just looks weird. Everyone else was taking the "I'm holding up the tower" picture, whereas we took the "I'm trying to push the tower over" picture.

I read that there isn't much else to see in Pisa besides the tower and the church next to it and from what I saw, that's about right. You could totally "do" Pisa in about an hour and a half (factoring in getting to and from the tower). Add an extra 5 minutes for the mandatory gelato stop.

sshaunaa says:
Thanks! It was a pretty quick stopover, but made for a very fun couple of hours :)
Posted on: Apr 25, 2008
mga_galang_paa says:
Nice one. I wasn't as fortunate as you guys because I thought Pisa is right in the city of Florence, there was not enough time for us to take another trip to the tower, and so we headed back to Milan. Happy travel! :D
Posted on: Apr 24, 2008
group shot
group shot
domed church next to the tower
domed church next to the tower
holding the tower while eating gel…
holding the tower while eating ge…
Arno River