EuropeFranceNice

In Nice, having technical difficulties

Nice Travel Blog

Spaghetti in a box!

So I arrived in Nice and made the trek up to my hostel, the Saint Exupery. It's way up on a hill away from the downtown so I had to take a bus and then get picked up by the hostel's shuttle. I met a girl on the bus and we decided to go down to vieux Nice to check things out. Uploading my photos onto a photo site was taking forever so I cancelled it so we could leave. Little did I realize that I had deleted the pictures from my camera. I'm on the same computer I was using earlier but the pictures are gone. So half of my pictures from Cannes and all the pictures from Antibes are gone :( I only saved one, which I had posted to facebook.

soaking wet!
So I have one picture from Antibes and no picture of Chuck Norris' hand prints and no picture standing in front of the Cannes film festival building! :( I guess I'll always have the memory ...

So we went down to vieux Nice and then it started raining .. hard. We found this cute, little pasta place and had one of the best apple tarts EVER! By the time we got back to the hostel we were completely soaked.

I'm in a room with 13 other girls. I met four of them tonight. They're from the U.S. and aren't really the type of people I would normally hang out with. I told them I was from Canada and one of them told me her dad went to Canada once (it's a big country but that's all I got as an explanation) but that she doesn't have any interest to go. Enough said! I'm changing hostels tomorrow to stay in a single room in the downtown area. This place is huge and has a ginormous common area and super cheap drinks. It's good for socializing but not all that great for sleeping. Ah well. Looks like I found someone to wander with tomorrow and she might join me in Cinque Terre when I go there as well. It's nice to have someone to speak English with!

Nice