Munich, more rain ... once again, why did I leave Greece!?

Munich Travel Blog

I realized this morning that I forgot to write about the other reasons why my day in Venice was my worst day so far. At some point during the day I left my half read book somewhere and only realized at supper why my bag had felt a lot lighter all day. Second, on my way to Venice I realized that a half full bottle of liquid soap had emptied all through my bag. I don't think there's much worse than soap since it takes forever to get it out of stuff. I realized how covered my stuff was when I took out my sleep sheet on the night train and found it half covered in green soap. Needless to say, it wasn't the most comfortable sleep! :)

So there, in my last entry, I probably sounded like I was whining .. but really, it was a pretty crappy day!

Ok I feel better now ...

So now I'm in Munich. It's rainy and I wish the CS (pardon my French) wouldn't have stolen my rain jacket. I arrived at the hostel around 7am and found out that I could only check in at 2pm. Luckily, I chose Wombats (awesome hostel by the way), which has an "outside" seating area (covered by glass) that has a hammock and a bunch of laying down sized bean bags, which I happily used as a bed for most of the morning.

I woke up hungry and asked where I could get authentic Bavarian food. I was pointed in the direction of the old town and found a drinking restaurant (everywhere sells beer here). I ordered weiners and potato salad. I was looking for Schitnzel but I couldn't find it on the menu. The weiners were ok. They just tasted like spicy hot dogs (lay of the jokes, pervs). I was planning on eating healthier while I'm in Germany, but then I found a bakery. I saw Apple Strudel and was all over it. Mmmmmmm sooo good.

After lunch, I wandered around and went into some stores looking for a jacket. The closest I could find to my stolen jacket was 130 Euros, so about $200. Not worth it. I'll eventually break down and by an umbrella.

I got back to the hostel and had another nap and met a girl also travelling by herself. We went around for a walk through the city and grabbed some supper. Besides that, today was a recovery day from the brutal night train. Tomorrow will hopefully be a bit more exciting!

photo by: AleksandraEa