EuropeItalyLucca

Lucca, medievil walls and old fashin' peddle bike ridin'

Lucca Travel Blog

flower market

I arrived in Lucca in the morning having no idea where I was heading. I saw a guy with a similar backpack as mine and asked if he was going to the same hostel. Turns out he was and he didn't know where he was going with. Perfecto!

We ended up finding the hostel and hanging out together for the rest of the day. He's from outside of Montreal and well, speaks English marginally better than my French so we went with English conversation with a little bit of French mixed in :)

The city itself is small with not a lot to do and see. The highlight was renting bikes and peddling around the ramparts (the park along the top of the city walls). I was skeptical and first but it was so much fun!! I haven't laughed so much in a long time.

After the bike ride and supper, we searched all over town for a bottle of wine. Since it was Sunday, hardly anything was open. After almost giving up, we finally found the one place in town selling wine by the bottle. We took it to the park and drank it, watching the sun setting over the far off tuscan hills. It was the worst wine I'd ever had but it was a lot of fun. An Italian man and his girlfriend walked by and we started chatting. After talking for a bit and learning some new Italian words, he left saying "Asta la vista, baby". It unexpected and hilarious!! Definitely a fond memory of Lucca!

One of the churches in town
One of the churches in town
me and my fancy bike
me and my fancy bike
the liquor store .. and its closed
the liquor store .. and it's closed
sunset
sunset
the cork, that we had to push into…
the cork, that we had to push int…
Lucca