Holy Crap Im in Europe (and I cant figure out how to use this French keyboard)

Paris Travel Blog

So I made it to Europe. The flight wasnt too bad. I watched Juno on the way to Montreal (very cute movie, I give it 4 stars). Oh, I finally found the apostrophe (but no exclamation point). The flight to Paris was 6 hours and I didn't sleep a wink. There was no one in the middle seat so that was nice. I got fed twice which was a nice surprise although it wasn't what I would call a 5 star meal. (YAY Air Canada)

So CDG airport is friggen big but sooooo efficent. I gave myself 3 hours to get to my train. I was through Immigration, got my bag and made it to the train station with two hours to spare. I then discovered the pay toilets ... I never thought I'd have to pay to use a bathroom :) The immigration process consisted of filling out a card with ,y na,e, address, nationality and reason for the trip. I was then expecting to be throughly interviewed by the customs guy. Instead he said 'Bonjour', looked at my piece of paper and then said 'Merci'. Easiest time through customs ever.

The train ride to Avignon was cool. It goes 300 km/ hr, which would have been really cool had I not been up for 30 hours straight lol Being that tired and the scenery going by so fast made me dizzy. Oh and I wasn't expecting to see mountains either and they are high enough to be snow covered. The rest of the scenery consisted of farms, farms and more farms. Pretty but reminded me of Alberta.

The whole day worked out well. My plane was only 20 minutes late, my bag showed up intact, I made my train and I was able to find my hostel. YAY for day 1 (now where's the dang exclamation point??) :)

photo by: Sweetski