First Day at the Pink Palace

Corfu Travel Blog

Trying to sleep on the ferry

The hostel I'm staying at has a reputation for being a bit of a gong show. We arrived at 6:45am and had a shot of Ouzo at around 6:50am ... oh and pink ouzo at that. Everything here is pink ... even the bus I took to get to the hostel from Athens.

Since no one really slept on the way here, most people slept for half the day once we got checked into the rooms. I'm sharing my two bed room with an American from NY. I also met a bunch of people on the bus, so I instantly had a little gang of people to hang out with. The later afternoon was spent laying out on the beach. This seems to be a theme of mine now! :)

The hostel is laid out so you have no choice but to meet people. Happy hour runs from 6pm to 11pm at the 24 hour bar (which always has people sitting at it drinking).

My 6:45 am shot of ouzo
A sit down supper is included in the room price that is served at 8:30pm in a huge room which turns into a night club after supper is finished. I met a bunch of people that were leaving at 10pm to catch a ferry and we played drinking games before supper so when supper was over, we were the first on the dance floor to start the night off right. It was a lot of fun and I was sad to see them all leave (especially with my North Face jacket which mysteriously disappeared last night) :(

I ended up meeting the DJ (who happens to be a CA) and he let me up in the DJ booth and let me make up a playlist. So for an hour we were dancing to my playlist. I think that would be a sweet ass job and I love how he's a CA as well who quit hedge funds to work at a hostel.

All in all, my first night at the PP was fun but there's not a lot of people here since half the people staying here (around 100) left during the day / night. I'll have to wait and see if more people show up to determine how long I stay here!

Canadian boys