Exploring Our First Island

Mykonos Travel Blog

Ferry ride to Mykonos

So I do not like Jason's blackberry alarm ... especially when it wakes me up at 5:30am! We had a 7:30am ferry ride so we had to leave the hostel bright and early. The ferry ride itself was pretty good, I was expecting it to be more rocky. When we first got on the ferry we went for the plush seats to discover that our "seats" where all the non nice seats throughout the ferry. Sleeping was interesting on a row of seats with arm rests between them, but it was possible! It was kind of chilly outside on the deck, but the views were awesome!

We arrived on the island and were greeted by tons of people offering accomodations. We found this one place a two minute walk to the beach. Since there were four of us, we got a studio apartment.

We spent the afternoon on the beach, laying on lounge chairs, soaking up the Greek sun. Soooooo fantastic and now I have the tan to prove it :)

After checking out a few beaches, we thought it would be a good idea to go into town to continue the party. It's a long story and ended up being quite the evening! (I'll leave it at that!)

jaxzhao says:
I never ever want to see or hear about absinthe ever again!
Posted on: May 12, 2008
chillin on the beach
chillin' on the beach
Pre drinking at our studio
Pre drinking at our "studio"
Drinkin by the windmill